Thursday, February 25, 2010
2010 February
I just came back from three days at the "summer place". I think "seasonal dwelling" or "country retreat" would be better names. Since most people associate the word "cottage" with waterfront then I cannot call the place a "cottage" since the closest waterfront is ten minutes drive away. From 2009 June to 2010 January part of the old house was torn down and a brand new house put up in its place. Someone (the owner) needed to be in the house when the Bell technician came to re-install the phone system. So I went up Sunday afternoon and came back yesterday morning. It is just as marvelous and inspiring to be there in the winter as in the summer. However there are not so many things to do in the winter: no gardening, no long walks in the bush, no birds since the feeders are not out, and no chipmunks. So I stayed inside, watched the outside, rested a little, did some reading, marked and marked and marked, learned some more PHP and took a few pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment